Tuesday, February 15, 2011

EQ:What area has the strongest whaling area in Japan



Whaling in Taiji happened in the 17th centuries. People who did whaling was considered a job and got paid. In 1606 they organized a group for hunting whales.  Once they catched them they would shoot them with harpoons and lances. In the recent days they would get nets and tract them and once the whales got tired they would Taiji would hunt bigger whales, and smaller whales if possible. Bigger whales they hunted were because they had the nutrients they wanted with had some fat and put it in hamburgers.

Right whales, humpback whales, fin, minke and gray whales were primarily hunted.[15] Blue whales, sei, Bryde's and sperm whales were however also taken when possible

resources
www.ask.com
Google images

1 comment:

  1. I like the template you chose for your blog - it fits the content and does not distract the reader. I also like the addition of the map, though it is quite small.

    You are off to a good start with your information. I suggest you use more reliable sources. Also, be sure to proofread before posting. I see several errors with word usage and verb tense.

    I will follow this blog and look for more information and content that is revised and edited.

    Thank you for including me!

    ReplyDelete